Page last updated: Tue, 23 Sep 2014 14:37:00 GMT
Marmot Indicators for Local Authorities in England, 2012
Fair Society, Healthy Lives: The Marmot Review report was published in February 2010.
The report included some suggested indicators to support monitoring of the overall strategic direction in reducing health inequalities.
In February 2011, the London Health Observatory produced baseline figures for some key indicators of the social determinants of health, health outcomes and social inequality that correspond, as closely as is currently possible, to the indicators proposed in Fair Society, Healthy Lives.
The London Health Observatory and the UCL Institute of Health Equity (previously known as the Marmot Review Team) have now updated the indicators. These 2012 indicators are shown below in spine chart format. The spine charts contain the following indicators:
- Male and female life expectancy
- Slope indices of inequality (SII) for male and female life expectancy
- Slope indices of inequality (SII) for male and female disability-free life expectancy
- Children achieving a good level of development at age 5
- Young people who are not in education, employment or training (NEET)
- People in households in receipt of means-tested benefits
- Slope index of inequality for people in households in receipt of means-tested benefits
To view the current (2012) spine chart for your area please select your region and your local authority from the drop down menus below.
Note: Spine charts are available for upper tier local authorities in England only (excluding the City of London and Isles of Scilly)
To view the 2011 spine chart for your area please click here
We would like your feedback on how useful the Marmot indicators are to you. Please take a few moment to complete our survey
Please select your region:
Please select your locality:
For maps and graphs of the Marmot Indicators shown in the spine charts, please click on the links below.
Marmot Indicators - Resources